The Unity of Madison church building will re-open for Sunday services on Sunday, June 7th. As you can imagine, both the board and I (Rev. Evin) are diligently working to ensure a safe place for all who choose to attend (while highly encouraging those who do not yet feel safe to continue to attend our livestream services from the safety and comfort of your home).
We have been reaching out to other churches and following the guidelines of Church Mutual (our insurance company), state and local officials and the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
Some of the things we have done/are doing:
- Preparing for and the implementation of two services each Sunday (9:15am and 11:00am...our 11:00am will be the livestream service).
- Sanitizing the sanctuary, to include the chairs
- Spacing out and limiting the number of chairs in the sanctuary
- Closing the upper and lower levels
- Created an entry and exit only
- Obtained donated masks that will be available on a love offering basis
- Closing the bookstore (temporarily) by moving it online
- Deciding to not use bulletins at this time
- Placing offering baskets at the exit door, available for your gifts as you leave the sanctuary
- Limiting the amount of people in the building to 50 or less
- Creating a prayer chaplain "call-in" service where you can leave your phone number and have a Unity of Madison prayer chaplain contact you the same day
What we ask of you:
- Do NOT attend in-person services if you feel sick. This includes coughing of any kind (even if you feel it's only allergies), sneezing, fever, shortness of breath or ANY OTHER TYPE OF SICKNESS! Please plan on attending the livestream service if you are not feeling well. You will kindly be asked to leave the building if you arrive ill.
- Refrain from hugging and the holding of hands.
- Use only the designated entry and exit doors (we will direct you on Sundays).
- No more than one person in the restroom at a time.
- Wear a mask (required).
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Do not enter areas of the building that are marked as closed.
- Do not move chairs around in the sanctuary.
- Use the hand sanitizer placed at the entry, exit and sanctuary.
- Wash your hands.
- Provide your name and contact information as you enter the building for contact tracing purposes.
- Notify us immediately if you feel ill and have recently attended an in-person service.
- Bring your own snacks/drinks if you wish to meet on the lawn (with physical distancing) as there will be no church-sponsored food or beverage service (for now).
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to service so that we make sure we include you in the count.
- Stand clear of the podium, allowing only designated people in this space.
We know that some of this may feel a bit awkward at first but our primary goal is to do our part in keeping everyone safe and healthy. We will all get through this in kindness, love, peace and probably most of all, patience!
Please do NOT hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!