Madison Action Day is Thursday, April 15! Please click links below for exact times for each event!
Madison Action Day is an opportunity for WISDOM leaders from across Wisconsin to come together around the values that drive our work--and to share those values and priorities with our legislators as they work to finalize the 2021-2023 state budget.
- Usually, this is an in-person event, but this year we will meet virtually, in separate sessions. There will be a morning plenary for everyone in WISDOM with people from WISDOM affiliates around the state, and later in the day, each WISDOM affiliate is setting up virtual visits with the legislators who represent their geographic areas. MOSES is holding an early afternoon Zoom meeting with Madison-area legislators. Because each affiliate is setting up its own legislative visits, you need to register separately for the WISDOM-wide plenary session and for the meeting with Madison-area legislators.
- In the WISDOM-wide morning plenary people from all of WISDOM's affiliates are invited to gather to celebrate our values and to ground ourselves for our legislative visits. We'll hear from leaders throughout the state--and there will be several chances to connect with each other as well. Register for the morning plenary session. (Note that this registration link has been available for several weeks, so you may already have registered for the plenary.)
- The MOSES legislative "visit" will begin at 1pm with a brief overview of our issues after which attendees will be divided into breakout rooms by state senate districts, which will also include representatives from the three assembly districts in each senate district.
- If you are not sure who your state senator and assembly representative are, please check here before registering below.
- Register for the afternoon (1-2pm) Zoom meeting with Madison-area legislators. (This registration link has just been made available.)
- We hope that you will join us to make your voice heard as we advocate for our shared values to be included in the 2021-2023 state budget! There is no charge to attend this virtual event. We encourage people to register for both sessions if possible.
- WISDOM is producing a values and budget issues booklet which will be distributed to all state legislators before Madison Action Day. The booklet will also be a useful resource for our legislative visits and for testimony at Joint Finance Committee hearings. (To learn more about JFC hearings, see WISDOM's School of Democracy page.) Once it has been finalized, the booklet will be available to download; a limited number of hard copy booklets will also be delivered to affiliates early in the week of April 5. Stay tuned for more information on how to get your copy!
- WISDOM is also encouraging people to write hard copy letters to their legislators on any topic, budget-related or not, using this sample letter template, which also includes tips for writing, sending an email, or calling a legislator. The goal of this project is for the letters to be collected from affiliates when the WISDOM booklets are delivered to each affiliate, and to be delivered to the specific legislators before Madison Action Day. If you are interested in participating in, or in coordinating MOSES participation in, this project, please contact Ann Lacy (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-213-4469).