We are pleased to once again offer our in-person 10:00am Sunday celebration service! As you can imagine, both the board and I (Rev. Evin) are diligently working to ensure a safe place for all who choose to attend (while highly encouraging those who do not yet feel safe to continue to attend our livestream services from the safety and comfort of your home).
We continue to reach out to other churches and following the guidelines of Church Mutual (our insurance company), state and local officials and the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
For now, we plan to continue with our RSVP system and ask that you please RSVP prior to attending the service. (We cannot guarantee that you will be able to attend in-person without an RSVP.) Please RSVP here!
Some of the things we have done/are doing:
- Sanitizing the sanctuary, to include the chairs
- Closing the upper and lower levels
- Closing the bookstore (temporarily) by moving it online
- Deciding to discontinue the use of bulletins
- Placing offering baskets at the exit of the sanctuary, available for your gifts as you leave the sanctuary
- Limiting the amount of people in the sanctuary to 35 or less (this does not include the minister, music, ushers and tech)
- Creating a prayer chaplain "call-in" service where you can leave your phone number and have a Unity of Madison prayer chaplain contact you the same day or via Zoom.
What we ask of you:
- Do NOT attend in-person services if you feel sick. This includes coughing, sneezing, fever, shortness of breath or ANY OTHER TYPE OF SICKNESS! Please plan on attending the livestream service if you are not feeling well. You will kindly be asked to leave the building if you arrive ill.
- Please RSVP if you would like to attend the in-person service.
- Refrain from hugging and the holding of hands (unless it is with people in your home or those who have been vaccinated and let you know it's okay).
- Do not clog spaces (such as the foyer, entrances or exits) with conversation, leaving people the required 6 feet of space.
- Wear a mask (required).
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more (unless it is with people in your home or those who have been vaccinated and let you know it's okay).
- Do not enter areas of the building that are marked as closed.
- Do not move chairs around in the sanctuary.
- Notify us immediately if you feel ill and have recently attended an in-person service.
- Bring your own snacks/drinks if you wish to meet on the lawn (with physical distancing) as there will be no church-sponsored food or beverage service (for now).
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to service so that we can ensure you are signed in.
- Stand clear of the podium and tech area, allowing only designated people in these spaces.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!