Hello, dear parents and guardians,
Beginning Sunday, June 7, Unity will resume in-person services for adults and we'll also resume in-person classes for youth. The adult services will be held at 9:15 am and 11:00 am, and Youth Ed will be held at 11:00 am only. Note that Youth Ed will now be held in the Hospitality area. This is meant to keep us isolated from the adults in the sanctuary, while also giving children easy access to restrooms, water, and the outdoors.
Because some young people will still be staying at home, we have decided to Zoom at least part of our class every Sunday too. This mixed-venue class will be a learning experience for all of us, and we hope you will have patience. At a minimum we will do a check-in with Zoom, so that we can include all who wish to participate. After check-in, we'll continue to Zoom as much as we can each Sunday. Some of the children have formed friendships, or at least loose associations, and will benefit from seeing as many of the other young ones as possible. So including a Zoom option will be beneficial to both those staying at home and those at Unity. If you wish to participate in the Zoom meeting and have not participated before, please send a request to email@example.com.
Entry and Exit:
- Adults and children will be asked to enter at the parking lot entrance. Children will be signed in at the bottom of the stairs, where you would normally enter Hospitality.
- After service, adults will exit via the sanctuary side door (facing Tompkins) onto the sidewalk. Parents then proceed west towards Groveland Terrace and will pick up their children at the Northwest doorway (closest to the the labyrinth).
- Everyone, both youth and adults, will be required to wear a mask. Please let the Youth Ed Director know ASAP if your child does not have a mask and we will do our best to locate one for him or her. It is our intention to have extra child-size masks available in the future, but they may not yet be available this Sunday. Exceptions will be made for children under the age of 2, and others as requested. Please let the Youth Ed Director know if your child needs an exception to the mask requirement.
- Children will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the Youth Ed area.
- We'll plan to socially distance as much as possible, though siblings may be nearer to each other at times. The room will be set up for social distancing, and we will plan to maintain that when we go outdoors.
- Whenever it's nice out, we'll plan to be outside. This should make it even easier to socially distance and also ensure plenty of fresh air which should further limit any possible viral exposure.
- Children will be assigned a set of supplies to use for the day at Unity that will stay at Unity, or may bring their own art supplies if preferred.
- Our class size is generally quite small. This fact, together with the above precautions, should keep any risk quite low.
What your child needs to bring:
- A mask or other face-covering.
- Art supplies (optional): We will create sets of art supplies at Unity ahead of time and have them ready to go, taking care to put them together safely. So this will only be needed if your child wishes to take an extra precaution and only use their own supplies they bring from home.
Feel free to reach out to Helen Kenyon, our Youth Ed Director, with any questions or concerns and she will do her best to address them. We're looking forward to seeing some of you in person again! We're also looking forward to learning and growing with you as we launch this new way of doing things.